So, I made the list yesterday in .numbers (which is apples version of Excel with the added benefit of being able to put multiple tables, text blocks and images on a sheet.) As expected the need to categorize the things was apparently by the time I type the 4th thing.
So, it was easy to do Thing two: Pick One, as in pick one task off the list you made yesterday. I picked: Create categories and other tags for my list that will help
O started with 2 organizational fields: size and category.
Size: huge, big, med, small, tiny. It breaks down like this:
- Huge: started to use the word monumental because these are a monumental pain in the ass.
- Big: multi-part, will need to be broken into a few steps and done over the course of days
- Medium: has more than one step, but doable in a day
- Small: Doable in a half day
- Tiny: daily stuff, like get a prescription filled.
- Art Biz: anything related to the biz of selling art
- Biz, (graphic design jobs)
- Appointments: anything with a specific time attached, biz meetings, dr appointment, parties, events
- Life Admin,
- Art Biz,
I’ve added a checkbox column so I can mark them off as I do them.
This of course lead to other lists and sub categories of the above, but that’s a thing for another day.
Bonus thing: my AC was broken and for some dumb reason I decided that was a good time to inventory my art. Started it in 81 degree house. Will finish it tomorrow as my Thing 3.